Social Media Marketing Tips & Trends
These days, social media is a part of everyday life. Social media is an effective way to build and maintain relationships with audiences. However, there’s a method to the madness to make social media efforts worthwhile. Here is a roundup of some important social media marketing tips.
Social media marketing is all about having a strategy. Strategies are built through the research of your target audience and brand.
- Target Audience: Most brand research includes researching the target audience. This is also important to know for social media. The target audience will help define essential facts. These include what content they engage with most and what social media platforms they are on.
- Content: What do your followers like to see? Videos? Product photos? Aesthetic photos? Discover what’s best through research and trial and error. If you post something different and the engagements increase, you can make inferences from that information.
- Platforms: When it comes to your brand followers, social platforms have different purposes. Not all platforms will fit your brand personality or that of your followers. As stated, this can be determined by researching your target audience.
Planning and scheduling
Once you have identified your target audience, you need to tailor your social media actions to them. Such as, frequency, timing, and days you’ll post.
- Scheduling: There are several scheduling services out there where you can plan your posts and schedule them. This way, you don’t have to post in real-time and worry about exact post times. Examples of these include Hootsuite, Later, and Iconosquare.
- Frequency: It is important to post often enough that you stay relevant but not so often that it annoys your followers. A good base number is 1-2 times per week. This can change depending on your audience, though.
- Time of day: Many planning and scheduling tools will do the analytics and tell you what times your followers are most active on social media. For Instagram, these basic analytics are for business accounts. Catch your followers by posting at these times.
- Days: These same time analytics can tell you what days your followers are most active. With this, you can determine what the best days to post are.
Analytics and Evaluation
Another large component of the strategy is analytics. There is data involved in all the other components mentioned above, but analytics can also help determine the success of your campaigns. If you spend on paid social media, the data can depict your ROI. Depending on how far you go with it, you can establish how it affected your engagements, brand awareness, and even purchases.
There are a lot of moving parts to something that seems so simple. Yet, these parts are vital to having a successful social media strategy. Need some help? (Those analytics can get tricky!) Appspire.me is here for all your social media and other marketing needs!
Are you interested in app marketing service? Contact us today!
Gino Simonett on December 9, 2020 AT 06 am
Comments are closed.